I am a Software Architect/Engineer with over 20 years of experience spanning start-ups, agencies and big corporations, mainly in USA and also in Europe and India.
I provide technical vision, am a strategic thinker and my goal is to meet business needs and goals, on time and on budget.
I have experience in client interaction, to connect the dots between business goals and technology.
I have led and evolved development teams on-site and off-shore.
I strive to innovate, and have a patent related to the Semantic Web to query the Internet.
Select areas of focus include:
- Highly available Saas platforms and web-services
- Silverlight, Ajax and REST based Web 2.0 applications
- Windows (Smart-client and WinForms) application design/development
- Whitebox Platform development for co-branding/localization
- Managing overall design, standards and code reviews.
- Reviewing and adapting new technologies, including vendor evaluation
- Evangelizing SDLC processes and tools across IT and business groups
- .NET 4.5, C#, Asp.net MVC4, LINQ, EF, Silverlight/WPF 4.0, T-SQL, jQuery, CSS
- Servers: IIS, SQL Server, Sharepoint, Biztalk, MS Commerce Server, MS Content Management Server, Visual Studio Team System
- Process: Agile (Scrum, MSF, XP), RUP, PTM/Waterfall
- Design: VS 2010 Modeling tools, Expression Blend/SketchFlow, CRC Object Oriented Design
I have been responsible for big consulting projects involving client and vendor interactions.
I have been involved in strategizing, designing and implementing line-of-business applications.
I have evangelized tools to enhance the SDLC and improve the product development process, across IT and business groups.
Razorfish (San Francisco) – July 2010 to date
Global, digital marketing agency.
Position: Principal Developer
- Business Application for a huge, energy company
A very intuitive, workflow based Silverlight interface using PRISM, RIA services and WCF
- Website on the MSN network published in English, French and German locales, which got personalized with product downloads and recommendations and feeds.
Azure Website and custom Content Management System, using an Azure SQL database.
Driven in real-time by the Business Segmentation of a user (from Atlas and the German NugAd) and Windows Workflow Foundation for custom logic and an ActiveX control to detect a user’s software.
Practice Fusion (San Francisco) – Apr. 2009 to July 2010
Venture-backed Healthcare start-up that has grown 8-fold in the past year.
The main offering is an EHR (Electronic Health Records) application used by doctors and practices, which is a Flex UI driven by a SaaS platform. A complimentary, integrated PHR (Patient Health Record) product runs on the Salesforce platform.
Position: Software Architect
Other than designing and envisioning the core Platform, I have worked on the following features:
- Electronic Prescriptions- enables doctors to send prescriptions directly to and from Pharmacies.
I designed the entire ePrescriptions feature from idea to post-implementation. This is the company’s core offering that generates revenue. This was an 8-month long high-profile Project that includes integration and certification with big third-party (McKesson and Surescripts) systems, and a complex drug database. It has been a very successful project, and we have much more usage than anticipated. I was responsible for the requirements and driving the features and the user-experience.
The pieces include a Flex UI, web services and an incoming URL, and uses LINQ, SQL Server 2008.
- Clinical Data Values- This project consists of revamping the entire infrastructure of how Patient data is handled and stored in the system, to make it very flexible for storage and scalable to handle 100s of millions of data points. Considerations include metrics and reports across various data categories.
My design is to implement this in 4 phases, spread over 6-9 months.
The data being handled would include Vital Parameters and Lab values (in LOINC and HL-7 format)
Microsoft/Razorfish (San Francisco) – Nov. 2007 to Mar. 2009
Microsoft is a global software corporation. Razorfish is a leading International Design/Digital Marketing agency
Position: Software Architect / Senior Developer
I worked on numerous high-profile projects, including
- Microsoft Video Portal: www.microsoft.com/video – provides Product videos and Marketing channels.
I was partially responsible for design and implementation of the website. This integrates with a RDF-based catalog and Soapbox, MSN Video via web services.
- Pulte Homes: www.pulte.com – Real-estate website for marketing Community Homes
My role was that of Software Architect, including design of website, interacting with Client business and Enterprise Bus and data warehousing teams
Uses ASP.NET/SQL Server 2005, Google maps, ESB, PeopleSoft, Oracle
- Equity Residential (www.equityresidential.com) – real estate, Apartment rental website
My responsibilities were to work with the Client business and dev team to achieve performance metrics
Uses ASP.NET, SQL Server 2008, Google maps, jQuery + plug-ins
- NFL.com – New platform for NFL teams
My responsibility was to migrate team data into the new platform via a Java app and Web services to MediaBin and Teamsite
Teamsite/Livesite (CMS), Java
LifeMasters (South San Francisco) – Sept. 2005 to Nov. 2007
A Healthcare company providing Disease Management services via software systems in call centers and a public website
Position: Software Architect / Senior Software Engineer
- I led the effort of the re-architecture of the legacy platform and applications from C++ and asp to .NET platform in C#. This includes a migration strategy and roadmap creation.
- Deployed and evangelized Visual Studio Team System and improved the SDLC to incorporated MSF/Agile methodologies to speed up product development and move away from the legacy waterfall approach. I made presentations on writing effective Use Cases and requirements across the company.
- Part of design team for next-generation Interactive Voice Recognition (IVR) System to allow telephonic data entry to customers
- Implemented features in the call center application, including a “Contact and Consent management” feature and Pharmacy Claims Data Integration
eSurance Inc (San Francisco) – June to Sept 2005 (3 month contract)
A company providing Insurance services via their website.
Position: Solution Architect / Senior Software Engineer
Integration with Paypal and payment verification and fulfillment.
CPA2Biz, Inc. (Santa Clara) – May. 2000 to June 2005
A content portal and e-commerce website for CPAs (accountants) that started off as an Internet Company (ASP)
The website provides e-commerce capabilities, including a shopping cart, product catalogs, user profile management, search, etc. Back-end tasks include order transmission, catalog management, data interchange using Web Services and Biztalk.
Position: Architect with DBA role.
- Responsible for all software design, coding standards and review
- Developed most of the base technology used in the web applications
- Accomplishments include researching vendors and technology and upgrading the platform to next-gen technology
- Database Administration responsibilities included clustering design, backup and restore operations
Knowmadic (San Jose) – Feb. 1998 to May 2000
Internet-automation based software solutions for B2C and B2B applications
Position: Senior Software Engineer
- Developed algorithms for data extraction, which is part of a patent
- Designed and implemented pluggable components with an API to provide automated Internet navigation (recording and playback), extraction of information (recording and playback) and presentation of information using Scripting.
Institute for Medical Informatics AG (Zurich, Switzerland) – May 1995 to Dec. 1997
A software company developing medical applications for use in hospitals and for specialists. Products include a Growth Analysis System and Operation Recording System
Position: Software Engineer
- Implemented a framework architecture that standardized applications and increased productivity by 20% and cut down maintenance costs.
- Developed IDE add-ins for rapid code generation that standardized and speed-up coding process and boosted productivity
Note: Multi-lingual skills in German and English helped speed up requirements process
Cruxtech (Pune, India) – July 1994 to May 1995
A software company developing an application for Windows for Personal Information Management
Position: Software Engineer implementing features for contact management
Certifications and Workshops
- Microsoft Certified Professional in “Developing .NET Web Applications in C#”
- 2 week intensive WCF workshop with industry expert Juval Lowy of IDesign
- Sharepoint 2003 Certification
- Requirements gathering using the Volere process
- Attended numerous VSLive and pre and post conference workshops
Bachelor of Engineering (Digital Electronics with Computer Science) – Pune University, India
Diploma in Electronics & Radio Engineering
References provided upon request
Resume last updated: Feb 2013